Saturday, March 17, 2007

Euthanasia Hate

Over at a forum for people who live in Cambodia, care about Cambodia, or just want a place to vent, I have been vilified by one of the users because of my stand for Euthanasia. (You can click on the title ofthis blog to see the original post.)

To quote:

"Roger Graham (a,k,a, TOLA), fuck off, you murdering, chicken-hearted cunt! And in as level a tone as possible, I advise you to consider yourself lucky that Kim W- didn't have a brother or father like me, because the earth wouldn't be able to hide you from my justice after what you did to her and then lie about it! I am surprised the Admin even allows you on this forum after your highly conspicuous fiasco in Kompot and the dumber than rocks police that could have had you on a murder rap if they had wanted to.

You have absolutely no right to even joke or chum around or give the impression that you are one of the mates in this forum, you worm! You are a despicable piece of trash that murdered an innocent, clinically depressed woman, who came to you for help, and instead of immediately contacting her family and getting her the crisis counseling she needed you counseled her to kill herself.

So fuck off and go away somewhere so I am not reminded of your despicable existence. "

The poster is obviously well aware of my stand on Euthanasia and has chosen to equate it to murder. And, having taken that high ground, he then goes on to suggest that he would murder me.

It is this kind of dichotomy that continues to baffle me. My stand is fairly obvious and straight forward. You should be able to choose the time, place, and manner of your own death. Those in opposition will bring forth ghosts, phantoms, straw-men, and spectres in order to demonstrate substance to support their arguments that you should not have this choice.

I can not argue against that kind of intransigence.

So I do not. If you think that you should have the right to make your own choices in determining your own life, then I encourage you to do so. Stop listening to those who claim to have a higher knowledge. It is your life, take charge of it and refuse to allow someone else to control it.

See EuthanasiaClinic.com for more information about how to take your own life when you have chosen the time is right for you.


No comments: